prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Third day on roof.

About three more hours were spent on the frame. All legs are in place now.



That is Homer Brown on the roof. He knows steel roof construction. The ground was fairly level in front of the trailer. The ground fell down a slope behind the trailer. One leg had to be 19 feet long. The standard length was 12 feet. The front legs fit into one prefab steel piece in front. But behind the trailer the legs had to be taylor cut to fit the slope. Steel pipes were driven into the ground. Then the leg was lifted and lowered over the pipe. No cement was used.










Looking good. Almost ready for sheeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->