prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, June 26, 2015

First 90th Birthday Card.

Today it is 24 days to my 90th birthday. And I received my first 90th birthday card! It is a beautiful card designed and made by Yvonne Turner. Yvonne is a dear friend and is the sister of Jewette Farley. Jewette is also a dear friend. Jewette took his Mother's words to heart. When Jewette was a boy, every time he left home and told his Mother good bye she would say these words. "Be a sweet boy".






Isn't that a great card? It is colorful like me. It was a thrill to receive and appreciated. Thank you Vonnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->