prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Blakley Ladies. On to another store.

We met to cut a farewell cake. The Blakley Ladies are moving to another store. I will write a blog post about their new store when they get settled.


The terrific three! Tina, Rhonda, and Rosa.

Tina Lorraine (Blakley) Rogers. Oldest daughter of Rosa Lee Blakley. Tina is famous for good cooking and a big smile. Also fried green tomatoes.

Rhonda Michelle (Blakley) Ray. The younger daughter. Rhonda is famous for greeting, cash register, being nice, loving dogs (she has six at home) and lonely old men. Seven years ago, after my wife of 63 years passed away, I started going to the Jefferson Corner Chevron for coffee. I would sit in a booth and read the paper. While the local Liars Club clustered around the center tables. Rhonda would come and give me a hug. I soon was living for those hugs (Tina and Rosa hug too). Knowing Rhonda puts a special spark in my life.

Rosa Lee Blakley. Rosa is famous for being a great Mother and convenience store manager. She is the CEO of the Blakley Ladies.

Over the seven years that I have been going to Jefferson Corner Chevron I have fallen in love with these three ladies. I can hardly wait to visit their new store!


They are joined by friends, JD Harper, Cookie, an Kirsten.

JD is the Commander of the Ruston VFW. He has been a friend of the ladies for many years. Cookie and Kirsten are special people who make Jefferson Corner Chevron such a nice place.






No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->