prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Gastroenterology Clinic. Main Building, 7th floor, VA Medical Center, Shreveport, LA.

I went there today to discuss the options available for care of my swallowing problem. I have had my esophagus stretched several times. It does not seem to help. I have to be aware all the time of where the food is in my throat. I stop eating several times during a meal until I feel the food slowly leave my esophagus.

We decided that I would continue as is. If the problem worsens (maybe I will die before then?) I will return for further treatment including possible surgery. In the mean time I have to eat carefully. I really do not want surgery.

I drove to Shreveport and back by my self today. When I got home there was company.


John has a lap full of grand children. Christian Steven Newberry and Johnny Lynn Miller. They are his youngest grand children and my youngest great grand children.


Jonny Lynn and Christian Steven also have a sweet grandmother. She is my baby girl Kerry Lee.







No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->