prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

34th Annual Natchitoches Folk Festival

What a fun thing. I was there early. Before it started really. I ran out of gas and went home early, Missed the State Fiddle contest which finished at five pm. I hope to go again next year.




$8 for 14 hours.


Tool making.


Walking sticks.


Cow horns.


Bull whips.


Much dancing everywhere.


Food venders.



I thought that this was a cute Cajun couple.


The Blake Brothers. I have seen them many time at the bluegrass music in Arcadia. They are very good.





This lady was a tremendous Cajun fiddler and singer. The man sitting next to me let me know that she was the grand daughter of Hadley Castille. I googled the name. He was a great Cajun fiddler. Her name is Sarah Jayde Williams.
n

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->