prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Places I lived between birth and the age of 17.

I lived in quite a few places in my first 17 years. At age17 I went into the Army. The Army told me where I would live.

I am going to make three more lists of places I lived. Army years, work years, and RV (retirement) years. I am  working on writing the story of my life and these lists will be useful to me.

Place                                              

Pomona, California.
Van Nuys, California
Chino, California
Taft, California
Weedpatch, California
Sanger, California
New York City, New York
Berkeley, California
Oakland, California
Portland, Oregon

Some of these were short visits. Van Nuys and Chino were stays in homes for boys (McKinley and George Junior Republic). Portland and New York City were very short visits.

I was a restless soul. Some of these visits were just for sight seeing (especially New York City).


Pomona Valley 1910.


Portland


New York City


Oakland


Weedpatch is where the Joads spent some time in a Government Camp.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->