prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Lunch with Jewette and Sue.

I had lunch with Jewette and Sue Farley today. When I picked them up, I stopped them on the steps from their upper deck to take the picture. Their house is a lot like a huge tree house in the woods. It is quite a place. I have enjoyed suppers at their house. We had a nice lunch at the Log Cabin Cafe. John was batching so he joined us. Kerry was in Franklinton visiting her grand daughter Johnny Lynn.  He and the Farleys have many mutual friends in Ruston and had a great visit.

An old log cabin is part of the Cafe. Jewette said a Ruston ladies club used to meet on the porch of the log cabin. He can remember when he was in the third grade entertaining the ladies by making bird calls.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->