prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers Day 2010

I spent Fathers Day 2010 in Ruston Louisiana. I was blessed to see all of my beloved Louisiana relatives. God love them! They are so sweet to me and I love them a whole lot!

The top picture is of the David Newberry family. Ethan, Christian, Joy, Ross, and David. Joy is my youngest daughter's oldest daughter. She is the mother of my three Louisiana great grandsons. They live in West Monroe, Lousiana. About 45 minutes from Ruston.

The next picture is of my Louisiana great granddaughter, Johnny Lynn Miller. The old geezer is me.

The third picture is of the Justin Miller family. Justin, Johnny Lynn, and Katie. Katie is daughter number two my daughter Kerry. The Millers live in Franklinton, Louisiana which about four hours from Ruston.

The bottom picture is of Mr and Mrs John Adams with their grand daughter Johnny Lynn. Mrs John Adams is my daughter Kerry.

These ten people make up my Louisiana family. I will really miss them while I am visiting the West Coast. I will drive away in the morning and be gone for 2 to 3 months. I am looking forward to getting back home to Ruston. But I am excited about my trip. I plan to visit many friends and relatives. I will visit many places that were involved in my life. I plan to blog many pictures and memories. The trip is sort of a grand farewell visit to the West Coast by an old Prune Picker.




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->