prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chad and Corrie

Chad and Corrie are members of my Wyoming Family. They live a couple of blocks from Mark, the Log Cabin Computer Programmer. Corrie is the youngest daughter of my daughter, Nancy. She is Mark's younger sister. She is a pastry chief at the Four Seasons in Teton Village. Chad is a lift mechanic for the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. They make a cute couple.

Chad works a ten hour day and then rides a bike for 14 miles home! Corrie does the same after her duties as a pastry chief. They only ride bikes one way. If they were in condition they could ride bikes both ways!

They put in time in on a cooperative farm over the pass in Idaho. Chad cooked hamburgers one night and the beef was raised grass fed on the farm. The burgers were delicious. Chad told me that they try to eat real food. They also get milk and veggies from the farm.

Before I clicked the top picture I asked them to look heroic. They did a good job.

I really enjoyed my visit with my Wyoming Family. Mark, Corrie, and Chad were so gracious. This was my fifth visit to Jackson Hole. Jackie and I visited there in the early nineties. I have a big soft spot in my heart for Jackson Hole.

The bottom pic is of sister and brother, Corrie and Mark.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->