prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

8 Weeks with Crew Chief Akers

Stephanie -Ann Thibodeux Akers was my crew chief for the eight weeks that I worked for the Census. She is a good citizen and a hard worker. It has been a pleasant eight weeks thanks to her and her supervisors. She has two adolescent children, is working on a Master Degree in Counseling/Psychology, and has worked up to fifty hours a week for the Census. I wish Stephanie the best luck in her future!

It has been interesting and at times fun working for the Census. Lately it has been hot. The thermometer in my car is accurate. This after noon it read 99 degrees at one time. It was always reading 95 or more. I would leave the motor and ac running in my car when I went up to ring door bells, then I would hurry back and get in the car and shut the door.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->