prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Training to be a NRFU Enumerator.

I have been training to be a NRFU Enumerator. In the service we pronouce this "nar foo". It is just like me to be in an organization with FU in the title! NRFU stands for Noreturn Followup.

The first two pictures is of my badge and briefcase. The picture is of Renee Barnes who has been training my class for four days. She is very nice and does a great job. She will be our crew chief when we go into the field.

It is impressive how detailed the job is. I guess it is due to the use of scanners to read the data. Everything has to be just right and inside the lines. There is much interpretation involved with regard to housing status, etc.

Sitting in a classroom chair for 8 hours a day is a lot different than my usual routine, but I am doing ok. Field work will involve finding addresses and interviewing people.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->