prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The old swimming hole.

On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I attend an aquaexercise class at Louisiana Tech. On Tuesday and Thursday I swim laps. The pictures are of the outside and the inside of the swimming pool building. The class is held from 7 am to 8 am. The laps are between 5 am and 7 am. My laps do not last long. I am in the building less than 45 minutes. The class is also a social event. Over the years I have made friends with a bunch! The three classes are a big part of my week. It is easy to show up for the classes. The laps are a solitary activity and I have to use a lot of will to do them. When I get out of the pool I spend 10 minutes or so in a hot shower. The showers are great! Endless hot water and a lot of pressure.

After the pool I usually walk around the track, one time only, so far. I soon run out of wind. When swimming I rest after a minute or so. I probably could do the same at the track but I am in a hurry to get to a coffee shop. It has been an hour or two since I left the Jefferson Corner Liars Club.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->