Prune picker

This is the blog site of an old man. As a native Californian I call myself a prune picker. I live in a fifth wheel trailer. My front door is 25 steps from my daughter’s front door in the Piney Woods of North Louisiana. My blogs are often silly and or trivial, and some times educational and serious. I hope that some are interesting. None are long.

Preparing these blogs seems to fill a need in my life. I am compelled to do it. It helps fill the time until I die. It gives me something to do everyday.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I am going out for track!

I have increased my track work. It is really a moderate walk. Takes me almost 6 minutes for once around the track. A 24 minute mile. I rest after once around and then repeat. This after swimming. Swimming is sloshing around in the water for an hour. I have increased my track walk to increase my endurance. Next week I start working for the census. On Monday the 26th of April I start four days of training. It is in a classroom at Tech and is from 8:30 to 4:30. It has been a long time since I sat in a classroom for seven hours. After the training I am supposed to work for six weeks. Twenty hours a week. The Monday after the six weeks I am scheduled to leave on my 8000 mile trip.

1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->