prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I am going out for track!

I have increased my track work. It is really a moderate walk. Takes me almost 6 minutes for once around the track. A 24 minute mile. I rest after once around and then repeat. This after swimming. Swimming is sloshing around in the water for an hour. I have increased my track walk to increase my endurance. Next week I start working for the census. On Monday the 26th of April I start four days of training. It is in a classroom at Tech and is from 8:30 to 4:30. It has been a long time since I sat in a classroom for seven hours. After the training I am supposed to work for six weeks. Twenty hours a week. The Monday after the six weeks I am scheduled to leave on my 8000 mile trip.

1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->