prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, October 6, 2018

Terry Bradshaw could not make it.

Fifty years ago the Louisiana Tech football team won a national championship. My son in law John Adams and Terry Bradshaw were on the team. That team is being honored at the football game at Tech this evening. Wouldn't you know it, Terry can not be here. The poor guy is in Hawaii to cover a football game on the Fox network. His ex team mates really feel sorry for him, having to be in Hawaii.

Last night the 1968 team enjoyed a fish fry. John took me as his date.




Here is a close up of John.


Fifty years ago these guys were all big, loaded with muscles, and mean. Now they are all nice old men. Fifty years can make a big change.


The fish fry was great. Tonight John is taking ten of his family to the Tech/UAB game. I am looking forward to it.

1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->