prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Homecoming 2018 at Louisiana Tech.

This is an account of my Friday Night and Saturday at the 2018 Louisiana Tech Homecoming. I started at a softball game and a volley ball game on Friday evening. Saturday I had lunch at the football game tail gate festivities and attended the first half of the Homecoming football game.

I was so pooped that last night I had the best nights sleep in a long time. I need to go to more homecomings.

A pic at the softball game.  Tech played Northwest.


The volley ball game.


Hooray! The cheer leaders were there. They add a lot to the game. We won one game against UTEP and were competitive in the others.


Seven year Coach Adriano de Souza hard at work.



Tail gate party at Bulldog Village.









Mrs Smiley Reeves found me in the crowd and put me in line for a College of Education tail gate meal. What a nice lady. She has been my swimming class instructor for eleven years. (She was a teen ager when I started the class). I have been taking 3 units per quarter. Have not missed a quarter in the eleven years. I am scheduled to graduate with a degree in swimming in seven years.


Beans, rice, brisket, and sausage. Good!


On to the football game.




We won the game against UTEP.  31 to 24.

1 comment:

  1. Too busy a weekend for me. I'm worn out just reading about it!!

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->