prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

A heart warming story from the Piney Woods of North Central Louisiana.

My son in law John Adams has a friend who has a few months to live. High on the bucket list of the friend is the desire is to go deer hunting and shoot a deer. John said to his friend "I will take you deer hunting".

The other day John took his friend out to the deer lease. He took him to the lowest, easiest to get into, deer blind available. His friend is not too mobile and nearly fell, twice, getting up into the deer blind. Nearly scared John to death. John spent that afternoon and the next day building a ground blind for his friend to shoot in.

Here is the front of the blind.


Here is the back of the blind. Notice the deluxe curtain door. The architect, John, can be seen in the background.


John is installing a swivel chair in the blind. After John installs the blind at the lease, his friend can step in the door and sit down. Openings built at shooting height. I thing that John is a good friend. This story has warmed my heart.


2 comments:

!-- Site Meter -->