prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, October 25, 2018

"I have Alzheimer. I will not get well."

I visited my friend Rosa Lee Blakley today. I usually sit and listen to her talk. She speaks very low and I hear very poorly so I usually do not understand what she is saying. But today I heard the above two sentences. It seems to me that she is very brave. She has a right to feel blue. And I think that she often is. She will recall old memories. Her eyes will get wet and she will look away. But usually she seems to be of good cheer and is her usual pleasant self.

Today she had three of daughter Rhonda's dogs with her. You can tell that they love her. They are good company. Here is a picture of Rosa with Waffles, Jasper, and Flip-Flop.


Flip-Flop is in love.



2 comments:

  1. That is a sad disease. Sorry for your friend, and you too for seeing her decline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you bigfoot for your remarks. I have known Rosa for many years. A year ago we were happily going out for lunch. Now Rosa seldom leaves home. A daughter (bless her) lives in her home to care for her.


















































































    Thank you bigfoor for your kind remarks. I have known Rosa for many years. It is so sad. In the last year she has really failed. We used to happily go out for lunch. No more.
























    .................





    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->