prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, August 31, 2018

K9 Officer Boco died in the line of duty.

I attended Memorial Services for Boco yesterday. He was recently shot and killed by a dangerous fugitive. He was on duty and doing crucial work for the Lincoln Parish Sheriff Department.

Many Lawmen and citizens attended the service.




 Many fellow K9 Officers were present.







Taps was played for Boco. A flay was officially folded for him. Bagpipes played as the Service ended.


I was proud to attend. I am fond of dogs. I like some dogs more than I like some people.

2 comments:

  1. I love dogs, also. I have had many over the years. I just buried my beloved Muffy back on April 17th. Really loved that dog and tears still come to my eyes when I think of her. We have two dogs left and they are now at the groomers. The male is getting old, blind in one eye and I think he is having trouble seeing out of the other. Muffy was, I think, 19 years old, but she was the boss of our home.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->