prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Unionville Meeting 8-18-2018

I picked up this information at the Unionville breakfast this morning. Lincoln Parish is going to build a 50 million dollar courthouse (lots of taxes) with a car wash out back.


2 comments:

  1. When you see hugely expensive govt buildings and schools being built, you gotta wonder... why can't they just build a metal building with brick facade? It would be 20% of the construction cost. And same square footage in size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a meant to be a jest. There has been talk of a new courthouse for years but no firm plans, I quoted a police juryman who was joking.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->