prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

A year of Altzheimer makes a difference.

These two pictures of my friend Rosa Lee Blakley were taken before and after a year of Alzheimer Disease.  The first is a picture of Rosa shot last year as we entered the Cracker Barrel in West Monroe for breakfast. We went out many times last year. I was happy and proud to be with Rosa and I know that she enjoyed herself.


It has been several months since we went out for a meal. This is a photo I took yesterday. Rosa was in her bath robe. We sat for 2 hours while she talked to me in a very low voice. I did get some laughs out of her by being silly. We walked some in the back yard.
.


She still knows who I am. I asked her and she said my name.

It is so very sad. A year ago she would get all dressed up and and go out with me. Yesterday was the first day that I have seen her not get dressed. I hope to take her for a ride next week.

2 comments:

  1. That's a terrible disease. Hope y'all enjoy your ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I have known Rosa for eleven years. The change in her over the last year is terrifying.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->