prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Two Days, Two towns, Two Veteran Day programs, Two basketball games

I really got into the spirit of Veterans Day this year. Anywhere people were telling Veterans "Thank you for your service" I was there. In fact I celebrated the Federal Holiday on Friday (parade in Ruston) and the conventional day on Saturday (Flag program in Choudrant).

First the swimming class on Friday morning. Another Smiley pic at bottom of this blog post.

Here is the start of the Veterans Day Parade in Ruston. I rode in a float like last year. Lots of pics of the throngs watching the parade. Couple of pics of Railroad Park where a program was held, including a fly over by F-15s.












On my walk back to my car I walked by this sign. David is a swim class buddy.


Girls first basketball game. They won.



Listen to the Coach.




First boys game Friday evening. This guy is at all the games!


Do we have coaches for the boys team?


Here is the left ear if old right ear. (Nolan Coleman)

What a band.




After one game the average score per game for the Bulldogs is 112!



Here are pic of the annual Choudrant Veterans Day program. (eight years and
lunch)




Mayor Bill Sanderson.



Video of band at the Bulldog game. Note the ten tubas. We do not fool around at Tech!


The prunepicker is silly and water proof.



1 comment:

  1. Please accept our belated Thank You For Your Service, Mr Prune Picker.
    We are going to our first BBall game tonight where my wife teaches science.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->