prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, November 3, 2017

The Side Street Steppers at Beanfest 2017.

What a great group! Music from the 20s and 30s. The lead picker fills in with a lot of history of the music. Very interesting. The group (from Memphis) could qualify as traveling Historians/Musicians. They are really good. It is a shame that it was so cold during their time on stage. Attendance was way down. Here is how the old prunepicker was dressed. Three jackets. The top one was a parka.


Here is pics of the group and some of their instruments. I am sorry for the poor lighting.



Here is a short (1 Minute) video of the group.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was really chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was around 40. It was the last act. Only a couple dozen in the audience.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->