prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, November 9, 2017

The old prunepicker rearranges his furniture and his life.

I have been thinking about this change for months. This made me make the leap. My maid (Rhonda} is going to clean my carpet tomorrow. I should move things to let Rhonda do her work. So why not do the change now?

I thought all night long about my job.  After taking my pills this morning I set to work. I had to move the books out of my bookcase and move the bookcase and main computer table. Best hours work I have done lately. I love the change. Before I had to walk around the computer and sit in my chair stuffed between the bookcase and the keyboard. The bookcase was across the back of trailer where the main computer is now. Reverse coming out. Now I sit in my chair with room all around. I turn the chair, get up, and I am in the kitchen!

Instead of looking at the kitchen when I am at the computer I can look out the three windows on the back of my fifth wheel. Plus I have all kinds of elbow room. It is great. It feels better just sitting here. It was worth the hours work. Although I have hours to do arranging the books, etc. My file cabinet will be at my elbow. Look out genealogy here I come!



1 comment:

  1. Sometimes a change is good. Nice window views from your desk.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->