prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, October 27, 2017

I am at Bean Fest 2017 in Mountain View, Arkansas

Nice six hour drive. Had lunch in El Paso. Got to Mountain View in time for a nap. Nice room about 3 minutes from the square. The Pinewood Cabins are really nice.




There were five groups of pickers at work in the Square.


Some trustees from the Stone County Jail were busy at eight AM on Friday morning putting out tables and pot stands for the beans. The beans are served at Saturday noon. They start early getting ready.





1 comment:

  1. Hope you got some beans this year. My wife recalls that you missed out last year?

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->