prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, October 30, 2017

"No beans Monson" got some!

At last years Beanfest I watched music while the start of the bean serving started. I leisurely walked over to the bean pots some 20 or 30 minutes later. I wanted to avoid standing in line. To my dismay every bean was gone! I became famous for going to the Mountain View Beanfest and not getting one bean. Some called me "no beans Monson". Well, I was there in time this year.

There could have been a thousand gallons of pinto beans!








Oh boy! So good.





1 comment:

  1. That one little Styrofoam cup would have left me begging for more. But better some than none... in that big crowd.
    Glad you got some beans this year!!

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->