prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Phyllis Miller gave a Chautauqua Lecture.

The title of the talk given by Phyllis was "Grambling, Louisiana: An American Success Story" The talk was given at the meeting of the local Chautauqua last night.




Phyllis gave an interesting and informative lecture on the early early history of Grambling. Mt. Zion Church was organized in 1868. The City of Grambling was incorporated in 1953.

Grambling is the home of Grambling State University. I drive through the campus often on some of my routes to the city of Ruston. Grambling has been and is a force in college football. There is a fine museum in Grambling on the life of Eddie Robinson who coached the GSU football team for many years.  Eddie is the second most winningest coach in NCAA history.

Next Tuesday is the last meeting of this series of Chautauqua meetings. The meetings are great and feature the best cookies in Ruston!

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->