prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Chautauqua Tuesday night lectures.

The Ruston Museum and Historical Society is giving Chautauqua programs on the first four Tuesdays in October. The programs are on items of local historical interest. I attended the first of the four programs last night.

Program title was "They were here before us." The program was on the prehistoric time in North Louisiana. Larry Pixley and James Hardy were the speakers.  These men are locally known experts on the subject. They gave very interesting lectures on the early Indian civilizations of North Louisiana. Especially on Indian Mounds and early tools. The Indian Mounds located in North Louisiana are the oldest known. The Watson Brake Mounds near Monroe are dated 3500 BC.

James Hardy


Larry Pixley





The Ruston Chautauqua serves very good cookies.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->