prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, June 1, 2017

New Music on the Bayou. Session at the Lincoln Parish Library this morning.

New Music on the Bayou is an organization of musicians. The group is sponsored, in part, by the University of Louisiana at Monroe and the Louisiana Tech University at Ruston. Both musicians and composers are in the group. The group is putting on seven one hour programs. The programs are to be held over the next few days in Ruston and Monroe.

I attended the program this morning at the Library. Musicians would play a composition, stand for applause and then signal for the composer to stand for applause. Here is a short video of one composition.





No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->