prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

12th Annual Cook Church Memorial Day Veterans Fish Fry.

And I (the old prunepicker) was there. John and I have been to most of the Veterans Fish Fries. The good folks of the Church Baptist Church dig deep into their wallets and hearts to put this on. All veterans are invited along with a guest. It is free. I got special permission to take two guests. John and Rhonda. There were many Rhonda hugs for many of her old friends.

Here is a picture of part of the crowd. Probably around 400 people, a little more than last year. 150 pounds of fillets and 50 pounds of whole fish. No telling how many french fries and hush puppies.


Here is a photo of Richard Jones. He seems to have a lot to do with this annual affair. Thank you so much Richard! And to all the willing volunteers.

.
Here is a short fun video of the cooking crew. They bring their own stoves and cooking oil!


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->