prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Rock Island Greenway. Cut the ribbon.

Years ago the tracks of the Rock Island Railroad Company ran across Ruston. The company is long gone and so are the tracks. But the right away is still here and mostly owned by the city. There has long been a dream to convert the right away to a walking biking greenway. The city has just completed one mile of the Rock Island Greenway. Isn't that nice? Within one year another several miles will added. There are are long range plans for 20 or 30 miles of greenway in Ruston.

I lived in The Woodlands, Texas for several years. That city has around a hundred miles of greenway. You could ride your bike to the civic center and not use a normal street. The greenways added a great plus to living in The Woodlands.

Yesterday I attended a ribbon cutting ceremony for the Rock Island Greenway. Here are some photos and a nine minute video of the program.













No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->