prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Tommy Ledford, lunch buddy of mine.

Tommy and I have had hundreds of meals together over my years in Ruston. Senior Lunch; several times a week. VFW; a luncheon meeting once per month and breakfast at the VFW Post every Tuesday morning. Plus many other outings. Besides being a good eater Tommy is a real nice, lovable guy. He is one the unforgettable characters that I have met in my life.

We were stationed at Camp Cook in Lompoc, California at the same time during WW II. He was a Sargent and I was in basic training. We never met there. Tommy is a retired plumber.

He very recently celebrated his 96th Birthday. I hope to go to his 100th Birthday Party! Happy Birthday, Tommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->