prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Family Picture

I just came across this picture. It is a nice picture of Jackie and I and our four children in 1957. I like it.

\\

We were living on Minniehaha Street in Granada Hills. Granada Hills is in the NW corner of the San Fernando Valley. Jackie is holding Mike (1 year), standing in front of Jackie is Nancy (11 years), in front of me is Chris (9 years), who is hugging Kerry (3 years).

We had just moved from Santa Maria. The swing set had moved with us. At the far end of the swing set is an incinerator. It was called the General Pershing. Every house in the tract had a General Pershing in the backyard. (Fancy neighborhood) Unfortunately, it was against the law to use the incinerator. Due to the terrible smog, Los Angeles County had outlawed backyard burning of trash.

Jackie and I were important in those days. Our four wonderful children depended on us. Sixty years later I depend on them. They were and are a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->