prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

2016 Fall Chautauqua. The Civil War in North Louisiana. Kevin Adkins.

Kevin teaches at Farmerville Parish High School. He knows the subject. He has been a Civil War Reenacter for 20 years. He is studying to obtain a Master's Degree in History. His lecture gave details about the Civil War infantry regiments raised in this area. He discussed the role of the regiments in the Civil War battles in North Louisiana and around Vicksburg, Mississippi.

His talk sparked a long and lively question and discussion session. Longer than the lecture.

Z
Kevin Adkins

This year's Chautauqua is being held at the Lincoln Parish Museum. There will be a lecture every Tuesday evening in October. Kevin's lecture was the first. All of the lecture subjects are of local historical interest. I hope to attend all of them.


These seats were full for the lecture.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->