prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The last Friday and Saturday in October.

That is October 28 and 29 this year. That is when Mountain View, Arkansas holds the Annual Mountain View Bean Fest and Out House Race. The normal population of Mountain View is around 3000. During the Bean Fest 30,000 people visit!

I am so excited. The Farley's have invited me to attend with them. They have several overnight cabins close to the Courthouse Square. It is impossible to get lodging in Mountain View at Bean Fest time. I had been planning to spend a couple nights in Mountain View some time in the Fall. At lunch yesterday I mentioned this to the Farleys. In the evening Jewette called and invited me to go to the Bean Fest with them. I am over filled with joy and gratitude. I was not angling for an invitation when I mentioned my plans, but it sure worked out like I had. I wonder if they will ever believe me. It is true, I am innocent.

I am attaching some pictures from past Bean Fest festivities. I sure am looking forward to doing some blog posts of this year's fest. Especially some music.






Picking and grinning everywhere.




Last year they cooked 5500 pounds of beans in some forty pots. They serve beans, onions, and cornbread to all comers for free.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->