prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Ark-La-Tex Genealogical Association Seminar.

This is a once a year all day seminar in Shreveport. The featured (and only) lecturer was Diane Giannini. Dianne is a Certified Genealogist. She gave four lectures that I really enjoyed. Dianne is a professional genealogist and owns a research firm - Ancestry Sleuths. Dianne lives in Bentonville, Arkansas.


Diane gave me some ideas about family stories. She spoke about FamilyStories, using documents, using maps and map software, and as a special treat she spoke about an actual job she worked on locating a long lost Courthouse in Maryland.


Barnes and Noble Bookstore in the lobby.



The Ark-La-Tech Genealogical Association puts on a very good seminar it is both informative and gracious. I wish Shreveport was closer to Ruston.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->