prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The French Legion of Honor.

Garland Decell, a resident of Ruston served in the American Army in WW II in France. He fought in some of the fiercest battles with distinction. For his service in France the French Government has awarded him their highest medal; the Legion of Honor.

The French Consul in New Orleans came to Ruston today to present Garland with this honor. It was at the Rotary Club meeting. I was invited to the meeting by Tom Grazas (Starbuck Buddy). Tom was the MC for the meeting. I am grateful that Tom invited me. He even mentioned me from the podium. I wonder how much I owe him.


Gregor Trumel, French Consul and Tom Garzas, MC.



Consul Trumel and Garland Decell.


Garland Decell



Presentation of the Legion of Honor.


1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->