prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Northeast Louisiana Genealogical And Historical Society. Meeting of October 11, 2015.

Good meeting. I missed last month's meeting due to an unscheduled gallbladder operation. I do not miss many meetings of the Society. I like talks about history.

The meeting was openned by Clarence White. Clarence is the new president of the Society.


Clarence introduced Sandra Blate. Sandra gave an interesting slide illustrated talk on the early Jewish residents of the Monroe area. Some came from Bavaria in 1840.





Members of the Society are famous for the preparation of goodies. And I can vouch for how good they are, I always look forward to them. You should join us. Second Saturday of most every month at the Monroe Library at 2:30 pm.



No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->