prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Added Life story chapter. (Youth Bay Area 1) Introduction

After some thought I have decided to add a chapter to my life story. The chapter title will be Youth/Bay Area. In the youth period of my life I spent some time in the Bay Area. (San Francisco/Oakland Bay) It would be interesting to add some data to this period of my life.

I spent time in thee Bay area because that is where my Mother’s family, the Knowltons settled after moving from Kansas. Especially my Aunt Margery. Aunt Margery was my Mother’s younger sister. I spent some time at Aunt Margery’s home in Berkeley. Aunt Margery took an interest in me. The memory of her is large in my life.

I plan to write about what I know of the courtship of my Mother and the movement of the Charles Abner Monson and the John Erwin Knowlton families from Kansas to California. This is not about the Bay area really but I am adding the courtship story here.


This could take several blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->