prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"Politics is the moat, the walls, beyond which lie the barbarians"

My title today was found on page 3 of the latest book by Charles Krauthammer. "THINGS THAT MATTER". The sentence, by Charles, rang true to me.What was I doing on page 3 of Charles's book?

I attended a class yesterday with six friends. It is a class on writing your Life Story taught by Deanne Groves. She is trying hard to educate and inspire my class. And doing a good job.


Here is a picture of the class. Nice people.



John McCarter heard me mention my respect for Charles Krauthammer. Today he gave me a copy of Charles's latest book. I came home and started reading.



Thank you John. You are so kind and thoughtful. I appreciate the gift.








No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->