prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Spirituality.


Spiritually is defined differently by different sources. So I will present my definition. Here is my definition; spirituality is the part of a person that makes a person tremble, cry, laugh, and view things and events with awe and compassion.

Spirituality makes a person a human being. Oprah (the famous philosopher) said, “I am a spiritual person.  I know that we are all spiritual beings having a human experience.”  Does that make sense to you? It does not to me. There are an infinite number of types in the human family. We know that there are people who are very spiritual, and some who do not have an ounce of spirituality. The word spirit inside the word spirituality infers to of the spirit as opposed to of the physical.

I believe that I am very spiritual. I tremble when I hear a heart-warming story. I cry in movies and real life at the drop of a hat. I laugh at jokes, even jokes that are not funny. I regard the progress of human history with awe and compassion. I can even choke up at an athletic contest. You can see that I believe that a spiritual person is an emotional person.

According to my definition I believe that I am spiritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->