prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Dancing to the music of Glenn Miller.

In 1941 the mother of a girl I knew, who liked to dance, drove her and I to the Hollywood Palladium. We danced to the music of Glenn Miller. We had a good time. I wonder where the girl is now? I can not remember her name. I also do not remember how to dance.

The Hollywood Palladium was built on Sunset Boulevard in 1940. It is still going strong. Dwight Yoakum will play there in a couple of weeks.



Glenn only lived three more years. He was flying from England to France to entertain troops when his plane went down in the English Channel.

There is a headstone for him in the Grove Street Cemetery in New Haven, Connecticut. When I went to visit the grave of Captain Thomas Munson, my 8th great grandfather, a couple of years ago I took this photo.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->