prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Northeast Louisiana Genealogical and Historical Society. August 2013 Meeting.

"Sharecropping in North Louisiana" is the title of the book discussed by the co-author Linda Duff Niemeir.


The book was co-authored by Linda's Mother Lillian Laird Duff. Linda and her Mother were witnesses to their family sharecropping during the depression in North Louisiana. Times sounded very hard. Worse than my depression experience in Southern California.




Good turn out. Linda's talk was received with great interest. She mentioned the Mississippi Flood of 1927. This is the largest flood of the Mississippi in recorded history. There was a discussion about the flood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->