prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Fremont Junior High 10th Grade Graduating Class of 1941.

I have put a halo on the 15 year old prune picker. I am in the upper left of the group. Fremont Jr Hi was in Pomona, California.


Here is a portion of the class will. I did like to dance. We had noon dances in the library.


Here I am in the Hi-Y. I can not remeber what that was. They must have done good work.


I enjoyed the glee club. Named the Revelers. Snow day was fun. Good Old Mount Baldy.



I lettered in football. I was not very good. I played left guard. Every play I fell forward. I was too slow for running guard. I did so want to be a line backer, but I was far from qualifying for that position.


Photos of the football team and the glee club are on the post just before this one.





2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was worth the price of Ancestry to get that year book. I have devoted a couple of days to reminiscing.

      Delete

!-- Site Meter -->