prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Fish Fry.



John and I attended the annual fish fry for veterans at the Cook Baptist Church today. It is the third time for us at this event. The food is delicious and many of our friends were there. The man in the white tee shirt in the first picture played football with John at Louisiana Tech when they were both 17 years old. That was a lot more than 10 years ago!

On my plate is catfish, hush puppies, slaw,  french fries, and a slice of fresh onion. Sure was good!

A choir sang for us.






  
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->