prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Census work.

I have completed four weeks working for the Census. Two more and I will drive away to Bean Blossom, Indiana. The work can be interesting, boring, tedious, and sometimes kinda spooky. It is hard sometimes to tear myself away from being retired. But I tell myself that it will soon be over until 2020. I wonder if I will have a Census job then.

I have seen many homes and many people. Some people really have beautiful places to live in this area. There are lovely houses and tracts of lovely houses out in the middle of the woods.

There is some detective work required. I can enter an address in the parish assessor web site and get a picture of the home and the owners name and address. I have looked up phone numbers and called people. It seems intrusive but I guess it is no worse then knocking on front doors. This sort of thing is not done until three or more notices have been left at the address.

I have seen reports that the 2020 census will use email and electronics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->