prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Brings back memories of the oilfields.

I was driving around the area known as Pea Ridge doing NRFU Census work when I came upon this sight. Sure brought back memories of the 35 years I worked in the oil business. I was driving from place to place and getting out to walk around and fill out census questionaires. There were times in the oil business, especially working for Schlumberger, when I would drive from rig to rig, and get out and walk around. I remember getting tired from getting in and out of the car 35 years ago. Well doing this job the last two days I seem to get very weary after four hours. I have to go home and rest. I must be getting old!

This oil well was just fifty yards from homes I was
 visiting.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->