prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Tornado!

Around one or two in the morning on Thursday April 25, 2019 a strong tornado skipped across Ruston. It was narrow in spots and off the ground in spots but where it hit it really tore things up.  I have many happy memories of the baseball and softball parks. They were badly hurt. The evening before the tornado I watched a softball game form my favorite spot. Between a light pole and the chainlink fence off first base. The fence and the pot are now laying on the ground.


In the background is the torn up scoreboard.


Here are more pics of the ball diamonds area. Notice the modified refreshment stand.



The area below the softball bleachers were enclosed.


Large portions low the concrete roof fell on seats at the baseball stadium.


I drove over to look at the Senior Center. The new roof looked good, but our flagpole was on the ground. So were many trees.



The Pow Wow station on the interstate was almost blown away.




The tornado was off the ground here.


4 comments:

  1. Wow! That was devastating.
    Glad you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bigfoot. There are several hundred homeless in Ruston now. We did not suffer any damage at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sad and frightening! I'm glad you are ok, and I'm sending up a prayer for the homeless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Daphne. Thanks for the prayers. A lady and her son died under a falling tree. Dozens of homes were destroyed. The Senior Center was damaged and is temporarily out of service. The National Guard and repair crews are working all over town. Many are without power. Some will be off power for sometime.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->