prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, July 3, 2017

The old prunepicker went for a walk on the Chautauqua Run.

I bought a combination cane/seat. I tried it out this morning on the Rock Island Greenway. The first mile of the greenway was dedicated last Friday and is called the Chautauqua Run. My new cane is pictured below. When folded it is used as a cane.


This is a photo of the cane unfolded and it is now a seat. I tire easy, but can walk good distances if I can rest and catch my breath. Also, I can not stand still for very long as a portion of my upper leg goes to sleep and hurts. (I hate pain)



Look at the greenway in this photo. That is an ideal path that the Rock Island Railroad left to Ruston. Beautiful, mostly shaded path. I wonder if there are some photos of when the train was going through here?



My cane/seat worked great. Unfold and sit down. I think that we are going to spend some time together. The pic below shows a father and son biking on the new Rock Island Greenway. I predict that the greenway will be well used and much appreciated,


1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->