prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Ten year battery and 92 year old prunepicker.

I replaced my wrist watch the other day.


I have a problem. The watch has a ten year battery. I will be 92 next week. I do not think that I will out live the battery. I am going to try but there are no guarantees in the this business of life. I may have to leave it with my estate.

Sunday afternoon my North Louisiana family is having a birthday party for me. Bless them!

On Wednesday July 19th I am driving to Mountain View, Arkansas. I will spend the night there. I will spend the evening in the picking and grinning park downtown by the courthouse. Mountain View must be the picking and grinning capitol of the world. The next day, Thursday the 20th of July, is my birthday. I will spend that day driving to Louisville, Kentucky to attend a Munson/Monson family reunion. I wonder if they pick and grin.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you make it to the next battery replacement. Have fun on your trip, but take care.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->