prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, April 6, 2017

The oldest member and the youngest member of my family.

There we are! The oldest member of the Prune Picker family is me. On the left and I am almost 92. The youngest member is Johnny Linn Miller. On the right and she is almost 7. I am so glad that I have lived long enough to know Johnny Linn. My wife Jackie, bless her soul, did not. Jackie would have loved Johnny Linn as I do. Johnny Linn is a precious girl. She lives in Louisiana so I get to see her often.

I am fortunate to have two more great grand daughters. Two sweeties. They are Winter and Holly Wrock. (Almost 12 and 9) They live in Washington. I have not seen them in two years. I am flying to Washington in three weeks on April 29 to get some hugs.

I have six great grand sons. Three  (Newberrys) live nearby in West Monroe. I see them often. We get to shake hands. My other three (Shafais) live in California. I hope to visit California in the Fall and shake their hands. They are the only Persian/Choctaws that I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->